A bigger problem than poverty, that the recessions that haunt us is climate change and global warming . It has become impossible to imagine the economic cost and the effects on current society and civilization.
It is undoubtedly the most important problem facing the international community in the XXI century, on the other hand, it is such an important and complex problem that there is no way in which a single country can solve it, but it must be solved.
- World Conference on Climate Change
- Predictions for the 21st Century, part 1
- Predictions for the 21st Century, part 2
- Facing the problem
- What is being done?
- Ways to avoid change
- What can you do to help?
- Carbon footprint
- Tax on the emission of greenhouse gases
If we do not do something quickly, the phenomenon will undermine the foundations of current civilization, just as other phenomena decimated and destroyed previous civilizations.
- For example, floods will force migrations that will lead people living in overcrowded cities or live in refugee camps, with declining quality of life and health problems and epidemics.
- In many parts of the world, the supply of drinking water will be affected in a crucial way, leaving millions without access to water, which would cause a vital problem.
- Sea level rise will flood fertile lands and destroy infrastructure, countries like Bangladesh, already impoverished in advance, would lose about 17% of their land.
- Decreased rainfall in Africa would worsen the already bad living conditions and would be a security problem not only for Europe, but America.
- In India and Pakistan the decrease in water supply due to the disappearance of glaciers would generate an increase in tensions, it should not be forgotten that both countries possess nuclear weapons.
Solving the problem will not be easy, it will not be free, but it will be the only way to avoid an unimaginable disaster and the costs of solving it later (if there is a real possibility) will be greater or impossible.
- A real solution would be a tax linked to carbon emissions, this income would go to mitigate the damage caused by the use of fossil fuels that have been outsourcing their costs at the expense of life on Earth.
- We must support and sustain the development of alternative and clean energies.
- You have to make companies pay what they pollute.
- Improve efficiency in the use of energy.
Not acting, not solving, not wanting to see the problem, it will only make it worse and your children and grandchildren will perhaps pay with their lives for that indifference to act.